Print Friendly and PDF

Pav Bhaji Dosa - An exotic crepe with an aromatic filling of mixed veggies!

We made Pav Bhaji the other day and while eating that I casually remarked about the fusion that is happening in Indian foods. That's how we three landed up discussing about the varieties of dosa that is being created! I told Amma that I had tasted Pav Bhaji Dosa once during college days and that it was an interesting way to have a dosa. That was enough for Amma...ready ingredients at home - Bhaji and Homemade Dosa Batter....and a receptive audience...what more!!!

Since I had some work to finish up which i did not want to keep it for today, Valentine's Day and more so Appa's Official Birthday..yeah....he is a valentine baby ...I was awake for extended hours yesterday! Today so I got up a bit late and was actually aroused by an exotic aroma - hmmmm sizzling dosa and the delicious smell of homemade butter being mixed up with the Bhajji! I couldn't believe that Amma was actually trying it out...

Pav Bhaji Dosa

The taste is superb and I told Amma that this is the BEST Pav Bhajji Dosa I have eaten! Simply YUM! Perfectly crisp, lovely colour, perfect amount of Bhajji inside...YUM...As I was clicking this for the benefit of all you wonderful readers, I was actually tempted to just gulp it down and ask Amma to make another one! But then..restraint!!!!

Amma and Appa loved it...but Amma made for themselves without the butter...I had the authentic butter wala Pav Bhajji Dosa....need to really burn it by some extra rounds of activity today! But no complaining ...as Amma's Pav Bhaji Dosa maiden attempt is a HIT!

So here it is...

Pav Bhaji Dosa

INGREDIENTS

2 tblsp Bhaji
1/2 tblsp Homemade Butter
1/2 tsp Til | Sesame Oil


METHOD
  • Place dosa tava on high flame. drizzle some oil and wipe it across the surface with a tissue paper. Once tava is hot, reduce flame to medium.
  • Pour a cup of dosa batter and spread it to make thin crepe.
  • After a second, spread butter across the surface of dosa with help of a spatula.
  • Then spread a tblsp of Bhaji across the dos surface.
  • Let the Dosa get crisp on low flame.
  • Once Dosa is crisp, fold the dosa into half..and then fold it in half again.
  • With the dosa spatula, cut the dosa into 3 equal portions.
  • Serve Hot.
Pav Bhaji Dosa

Amma and I enjoyed this aromatic, crispy Pav Bhaji Dosa as is....but Appa tried it with Fresh Coriander Mint Chutney and loved it!

We have used:
1. Til Sona Oil
Share on Google Plus

About C R Meena

(c) 2014 - 2016, Meena's Taste Mantra is the result of my ardent desire to share my recipes, with all who appreciate and celebrate food. These recipes are as a result of 60 years of cooking experience, influenced by tradition and exposure to various concepts, new recipes/ingredients and a passion for cooking - adapting to healthier alternatives.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: