Print Friendly and PDF

Methi Tomato Rice - Rice tossed in a fragrant Fenugreek Tomato Sabzi

During school | college days, Amma used to make a host of instant flavoured rices and those usually involved a stir fry of veggies combined with cooked rice. These used to be so yum that the moment I open my tiffin, there would be takers for the same and the logic given used to be "You will get to eat this when you reach home...abhi dabba idhar de"...and since I love to share food...I used to enjoy my friends finish off my Tiffin! That's when Amma used to give 2 dabbas...one for the crowd and one for her baby...me! I guess that could also be the reason why I used to love bitter things like karela and methi as there used to be ample left for me to relish!

Anyway...thanks to these instant recipes, it becomes easier when I pack my Office Lunch! Given a choice, however tired I be, I would prefer to come home and whip up some healthy dish rather than plonk myself into a hotel or order anything online!

Methi Tomato Rice is my all time favourite and this tastes just heavenly. It tastes super duper yum when hot and wonderful even when at room temperature...so a great option for Tiffins!

Methi Tomato Rice

INGREDIENTS

200 gm Rice, cooked
2 cups Methi | Fenugreek Leaves, chopped
1 1/2 cup Tomatoes, finely chopped
3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Adrak | Ginger, finely chopped
1 tblsp Oil
1 tsp Jeera | Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp Haldi | Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Salt | To taste
1 tsp Lemon Juice

METHOD
  • In a non stick pan, heat oil.
  • Add jeera and when it crackles, add chopped green chillies and chopped methi leaves.
  • Saute for few seconds and cover cook for a minute.
  • Add chopped tomatoes, haldi and salt. Mix well and cover cook till tomatoes become soft.
  • Slightly mash the tomatoes with the laddle.
  • Add adrak and garam masala, mix well.
  • Add cooked rice and combine with Methi - Tomato Mix gently. Cover cook for 2 minutes and then switch off the gas.
  • Add lemon juice and mix well.
  • Serve hot with plain dahi | Raita | Pickles or any Dal | Kadhi.
We enjoyed Methi Tomato Rice along with Palak Raita.


Methi Tomato Rice

We have used:
1. Indiagate Basmati Classic
2. Borges Olive Oil Light
3. Tata Salt Lite

Share on Google Plus

About C R Meena

(c) 2014 - 2016, Meena's Taste Mantra is the result of my ardent desire to share my recipes, with all who appreciate and celebrate food. These recipes are as a result of 60 years of cooking experience, influenced by tradition and exposure to various concepts, new recipes/ingredients and a passion for cooking - adapting to healthier alternatives.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: