Print Friendly and PDF

Mango Banana Soy Smoothie - A nourishing delight!

Summers I love to have something light yet filling and nourishing. As a result I tend to whip up many types of smoothies with the season's fresh fruits! One such smoothie I love is Mango Banana Soy Smoothie. I just love the colour and the best part is since the natural sweetness of the ripe mango and ripe banana is just perfect, I do not add to additional calories in any form of Sweetener!

This is a really easy to make smoothie and quite filling too!  I do not prefer to have  proper breakfast in the wee hours but I cannot travel on an empty stomach either. The days I have to travel and catch an early morning flight, I usually have a glass of any of such smoothies and I am good to go! 

Amma Appa also love this flavour and during Mango season this is a sure shot item as an early breakfast or late evening hunger buster!

Mango Banana Soy Smoothie

INGREDIENTS

1 Alphonso Mango, ripe and sweet
3 Yelakki | Elaichi Banana, nicely ripe
165 ml Soy Milk, unsweetened, chilled
To taste Honey | Sugar | Sweetener, optional
Pudina | Mint Leaves, for garnish

METHOD
  • Wash and peel Alphonso Mango. Cut to cubes.
  • Peel Banana and roughly chop them.
  • In a blender, add mango cubes, banana pieces, honey and 2 tblsp of Soy Milk and blend to a smooth consistency.
  • Transfer to a bowl. Adjust consistency by adding sufficient soy milk. Whisk to combine. I prefer my smoothies to be a bit thick as for me this becomes a wonderful breakfast if I am in a hurry.
  • Transfer to a serving glass and garnish with mint leaves.
  • Serve fresh.
Note:
a. Mango Banana Soy Smoothie tastes awesome when freshly squeezed Alphonso Mango pulp is used. Any other ripe mango can also be used. In off season, canned mango pulp can be used.
b. Any Banana can be used, just ensure it is fully ripe. 
c. Adding additional sugar | honey | sweetener is as per personal taste. I normally do not add them.

We have used:
1. Aamrai Organic Alphonso Mango
2. Sofit Soya Natural Milk



Share on Google Plus

About C R Meena

(c) 2014 - 2016, Meena's Taste Mantra is the result of my ardent desire to share my recipes, with all who appreciate and celebrate food. These recipes are as a result of 60 years of cooking experience, influenced by tradition and exposure to various concepts, new recipes/ingredients and a passion for cooking - adapting to healthier alternatives.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: