Print Friendly and PDF

Basil Walnut Pesto - a rich and healthy Pesto recipe!

I love the freshness of Basil and when I tend to get fresh Basil from my local market I am sure to make Pesto! One variation that I love is Basil Walnut Pesto. This is rich with healthy fats from Walnut as well as Olive Oil.

I love to have this with any pasta | Salad dressing or even as a Sandwich Spread!

Basil Walnut Pesto

INGREDIENTS

1 cup Basil Leaves
1 tblsp Olive Oil
2 tblsp Walnut, chopped
2 clove Lahsun | Garlic, roughly crushed
1 tblsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
To taste Salt | Optional

METHOD
  • Grind Basil, Walnut, Lahsun, Olive Oil and Salt to a smooth paste.
  • Add Parmesan gratings and pulse 2 to 3 times.
  • Use as sauce for Pasta | Salad dressing | Sandwich Spread.
I usually freeze the remaining Basil Walnut Pesto and it stays fresh for 2 days. Since I want this to be fresh, I generally make it in very little quantity which within 2 days I consume!

We have used:
1. Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2. Kodai Parmesan Cheese

Basil Walnut Pesto







Share on Google Plus

About C R Meena

(c) 2014 - 2016, Meena's Taste Mantra is the result of my ardent desire to share my recipes, with all who appreciate and celebrate food. These recipes are as a result of 60 years of cooking experience, influenced by tradition and exposure to various concepts, new recipes/ingredients and a passion for cooking - adapting to healthier alternatives.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: