Print Friendly and PDF

Tomato Raita

Tomato Raita was the first ever dish that I made when I was in the 1st Grade! I remember this as while chopping the tomatoes I had my first ever kitchen mishap, I cut my finger too and Amma had to help me with the tempering part! But then Appa says the Raita was spectacular!

This raita is very easy to make and tastes good with almost anything be it a Roti | Paratha | Pulav | Biryani.

Tomato Raita

INGREDIENTS

1 Tomato, diced
1 cup Dahi | Curd, whisked
1 Sukhi Lal Mirch | Dried Red Chilli, broken into half
1/4 tsp Rai | Mustard Seeds
2 tsp Fresh Dhania | Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
1/4 tsp Oil
To taste Salt

METHOD
  • In a mixing bowl, add curd and salt and whisk.
  • Add tomato pieces to the curd.
  • In a kadhai, make a tempering by heating oil. Add rai, and red chilli. When rai splutters, pour the tempering on top of the Tomato.
  • Mix well.
  • Garnish with chopped dhania.
  • Serve as an accompaniment with Paratha, Rice | KhichadiBiryani | Pulav.
We had this awesome Tomato Raita with Mooli Paratha today!
Share on Google Plus

About C R Meena

(c) 2014 - 2016, Meena's Taste Mantra is the result of my ardent desire to share my recipes, with all who appreciate and celebrate food. These recipes are as a result of 60 years of cooking experience, influenced by tradition and exposure to various concepts, new recipes/ingredients and a passion for cooking - adapting to healthier alternatives.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: