Print Friendly and PDF

Alu Beans Sabzi

Beans is something I like a lot! I tend to buy these irrespective of they still being at home and many a time I frustrate Amma by this Beans-Overload! I make it a point to consciously control my urge not to splurge on Beans and consult Amma before the next purchase...so far this system is working as a well-oiled machinery!

As you might have guessed, I did buy the seasons fresh Beans  - with Amma's go ahead! So....interesting recipes like Beans Kadalaparuppu Usili, Steamed Beans, Beans Poriyal, Beans Veg Rice and a medley of Soups....hmmmmmm...YUM YUM!

Alu Beans Sabzi is inspired by me! I love Beans...and as a kid I used to love Alu's too...so this combi was a sure shot way that I eat my Tiffin rather than be charitable and feed my school's doggies! Yeah..I used to share my Tiffin with classmates and those cutie doggies too! So Amma had to always say with a bye..."Please do eat something!"

Alu Beans Sabzi

INGREDIENTS

200 gm French Beans, chopped diagonally
2 Alu | Potatoes, peeled and diced to small cubes
A pinch Haldi | Turmeric Powder
A pinch Hing | Asafoetida Powder
1/4 tsp Jeera | Cumin Powder
2 tblsp Water, warm
1 tsp Oil
1/2 tsp Rai | Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Urad Dal
5 Kadhi Patta | Curry Leaves
To taste Salt

METHOD
  • In a kadhai, heat oil and add rai, urad dal and curry leaves. 
  • When rai splutters, add hing, chopped french beans, diced potatoes, jeera powder and haldi. Saute for a minute.
  • Add water and mix well. 
  • Keep the gas on low flame. Mix well and cover cook for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
  • After 3 minutes, add salt and mix well.
  • Cover cook for additional 2 minutes on low flame sprinkling little water, if required. Ensure the vegetable does not get stuck to the bottom of the kadhai.
  • Check if potatoes are cooked. Once cooked, give the sabzi a nice mix and awitch off the gas.
  • Transfer to serving bowl.
  • Serve Alu Beans Sabzi  with Roti |  Steamed Rice along with any spicy curry like Sambar | Rasam
Hope you will try this wonderful sabzi and please do share your experience with us!

We have used:
1. LG Hing Powder
2. Tata Salt Lite
3. Sundrop Heart Oil




Share on Google Plus

About C R Meena

(c) 2014 - 2016, Meena's Taste Mantra is the result of my ardent desire to share my recipes, with all who appreciate and celebrate food. These recipes are as a result of 60 years of cooking experience, influenced by tradition and exposure to various concepts, new recipes/ingredients and a passion for cooking - adapting to healthier alternatives.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: