Print Friendly and PDF

Kiwi Lemon Pear(ed) Smoothie! - A refreshing Summer Cooler!

I have been wanting to make lovely Kiwi smoothie but for want of a lemon I had not made it! These days the lemon is very dry and to get a nice juicy one is becoming difficult!

Finally I did manage to get some lovely lemons and so wanted to make my favourite Kiwi Smoothie! But then, Amma gave a warning that the Pears must be used up first! Pears!!! Ok the story behind this is that for Vishu I had got plenty of Pears and Kiwis. The Pears needed to ripe a bit and from then till now each day depending upon the ripeness we were relishing it! Today as I checked the status of the Pears, I found all of them ripe and some really ripe! I guess the ever soaring temperature had a great hand in this! 

That's when I thought of adding these lovely ripe Pears and try a new smoothie! Thus the name Kiwi Lemon Pear(ed) Smoothie - a wonderful pairing! The result was a smashing hit as Appa anyway would prefer to drink up his fruits but for want of fiber he settles to chew and eat a whole fruit! Amma also was curious as to how it would be as she never ever thought this would be paired up, but after the initial hesitant sip, she gave it her Thumbs Up and so I am happily sharing my triumphant experiment approved by Appa and Amma for the benefit of all you lovely readers!

Kiwi Lemon Pear(ed) Smoothie

INGREDIENTS

1 Pear
2 Kiwi
1 Lemon's Juice
10 Pudina | Mint Leaves
1 tblsp Honey | to taste
200 ml Water, chilled
Ice Cubes

Kiwi Lemon Pear(ed) Smoothie - Koala Kiwi

METHOD
  • Wash and dry the Pear. Cut to big chunks.
  • Peel Kiwis and quarter them.
  • In a blender add all the ingredients except ice cubes. You may add ice cubes too but since Amma Appa do not prefer crushed ice, I do not add them but prefer to add ice cubes. I use super chilled water so that the smoothie is really cool! Quantity of water depends on the consistency of the smoothie you prefer, so add accordingly.
  • Pour into serving glass and add ice as per choice.
  • Serve chilled.
Kiwi Lemon Pear(ed) Smoothie

We have used:
1. Under the Mango Tree Honey - Himalayan Flora



Share on Google Plus

About C R Meena

(c) 2014 - 2016, Meena's Taste Mantra is the result of my ardent desire to share my recipes, with all who appreciate and celebrate food. These recipes are as a result of 60 years of cooking experience, influenced by tradition and exposure to various concepts, new recipes/ingredients and a passion for cooking - adapting to healthier alternatives.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments: